Implementation of high-performance Security Management Processes
This course (Check the program) is specifically designed to improve your skills as an information security manager. Using O-ISM3 as a framework, you will master process management, and you will be able to:
- Prioritize security efforts using business significant criteria.
- Communicate the value that Information Security Department brings to the organization.
- Design, implement and use information security metrics proven in the field, enabling short cycle continuous improvement.
- Simplify ISO27001 compliance.
- Complement ITIL security
- Manage outsourced security services with SLA's
- Implement TOGAF and SABSA architectures.
O-ISM3 is an information security management maturity standard published by The Open Group, a leader in the development of open, vendor-neutral IT standards and certifications. Check some O-ISM3 Resources.
Check what organizations that use O-ISM3 very successfully like the Swiss Armed Forces and Bankia , have to say about their experience. Our student, Pedro Valcárcel, a professional with 15 years experience in security said about the course: "This course opened my eyes. I wish I had taken it sooner"
Leader of the standard Open Information Security Management Maturity Model, an experienced Information Security Manager and Consultant with broad experience in outsourcing of security services and research. His focus is information security outsourcing, management and related fields like metrics and certification of ISMS.
Mark your calendar
- Brussels Course - Monday 1st to Wednesday 3rd December 2014 (in partnership with Nitroxis)
- Geneva Course -Monday 8th to Wednesday 10th December 2014 2014 (in partnership with Digicomp)
- Lausanne Course -Monday 15th to Wednesday 17th December 2014 2014 (in partnership with Digicomp)
- London Course - Monday 5th to Wednesday 7th January 2015 VASS)
- Moscow Course -Monday 12th to Wednesday 14th January 2015 (in partnership with VASS)
- Barcelona Course -Monday 19th to Wednesday 21th January 2015 (in partnership with VASS)
- To request a course being organized in your city, mail us: email@example.com
What You Will Learn:
- Deep understanding of complex security and management concepts.
- Alignment of security objectives with an organization's mission.
- Classifying and setting requirements for information systems that satisfy security objectives.
- Communication of the value of information security.
- Access control management concepts.
- Implementation of security processes.
- Process management activities.
- Design, implementation and use information security metrics.
- Understanding of the relationship between metrics, management practices, capability and maturity.
- Techniques for visualization of security metrics.
- Understanding of distribution of responsibilities concepts.
- ISM3-RA Risk Assessment.
- Management of Outsourced Security processes.
Check the course outline for details.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for security professionals who are or have the goal to adquire management level responsibilities in their organizations.
The maximum number of students is 10.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Discounts are available as follows:
- ISACA Members have a 10% discount.
- ISSA Members have a 10% discount.
- The Open Group Members have a 10% discount.
- O-ISM3 Linkedin Group Members have a 5% discount.
Bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.